Sunday 6 September 2009

The Tourer's taking shape ...

The mighty Diamondback is beginning to look like it's going somewhere ! New tyres fitted, rack on, bar bag and panniers too !

Just need some lights, new pedals and most of all to shake this weird bug, if it is a bug... An annoying thing that's suckered my energy away and rendered even pedaling around my yard hard work ! I really hope I get my strength back soon ...
Oh, and I recon I need a front mudguard too ?
Somebody told me the other day, Ade I think it was, that by having road tyres as opposed to knobblies I'll be gaining 2-3 mph more on average ? That's almost not believable but i hope it's true. That would take me up to about 12 mph ! I know it sounds like nothing in the world of cars and modern transport but when most days will consist of cycle rides of between 30 & 70 miles it certainly will make a marked difference and makes each leg of the journey seem less daunting. Especially the way I feel today !
My good mate Rich has just donated to my fund for the British heart foundation and sent the total past the £600 barrier ! This is fantastic news, thanks Rich !
One thing's for sure, your heart will last as long as you do, so look after it and dig deep to help the BHF to look after it too ! Please keep donating !

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking awfully smart...sure you'll have the rest of the stuff really soon...
Doing some work on my BHF event tonight - got meeting with the organisers tomorrow - tis a small world....take it easy hey!

Sarah said...

Hope you feel better soon,

Justin said...

Thank you Sarah... Feeling a bit better today. Doctor recons it's a virus that's wiping me out. Shame you cant get McAfee anti virus for Humans ! Looks like I've picked something up surfing down Gwithian. Good old Cornish raw sewage spewing onto our beaches !! I must put up a link to Surfers against sewage. I'll do it right now! Got a donation from Nick & Alex!

Unknown said...

The sas link is fascinating... feel like I am gaining an additional education following this blog... not to mention day dream inspiration for my next stay in France, oh and inspiration for the next painting to hang on my walls !! ... oh..and my next new bike might be ...?! Shocks me what people try and flush down the loo, several yaers with septic tanks is good proof !!

Justin said...

Thanks Jill !
Panorama on tv last night was highlighting Gwithian beach and all the raw sewage that spews freely onto it down the stream that I wade through to get to it!Probably exactly where I picked up this horrible virus ! SAS are doing a grand in campaigning against this stuff opening peoples eyes to what's really going on ? South West water cover it up and even the Environmental agency are covering it up !! What's that all about !?? I was furious watching that last night. If you dont know what I'm on about go to the Surfers against sewage link (SAS).

HalleyG said...

Yikes, I was checking out the SAS site, which lead me to google about contaminated seafood, which has me pondering the vegan idea again...

I hope you're feeling better!

Unknown said...

Saw that ptogramme too - couldn't believe it -there was an article in the Sunday Times a few weeks ago about the same subject : this is the link

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6570001.ece

Unknown said...

Just caught some of the panorama on iplayer... the hypocrisy of the parralels in society...If a private land owner spewed that out via septic tank waste you would be prosecuted... quite right too.. should be same standard all round ? Boycie 67, thanks for link..only so much of the times I can take after reading the extensive coverage regarding Edlington youngsters... Talking of youngsters, I really think the future lies with educating our young people too, re sewage, at any rate...Might treat my boys to Panorama tonight to enhance thier global respect and appreciation ? SAS ought to campaign for this inclusion on a wider scale with the national curriculum ? Anyway.. Justin... hope you are recovered? How are the ON X graphics .. stuck on that bike yet ?!