Wednesday 23 September 2009

The 11th hour !

So, here we are, the 23rd of September and no more sleeps before the off ! Dom and I head for Plymouth and the ferry tonight ! Nothing is packed so I'd better get a move on . The good news is, I've found my passport , and it's in date. Also I had my blood tested today, which I have to do quite a lot these days due to my medication and everything was bang on, so that's great news. I'll try and get it checked a couple of weeks into the trip too. There's no turning back now, this is it, the point of no return ... Time to stuff the panniers with goodies as I tick them off my list and make one last trip into town to pick up a few last bits and pieces ...
Thank you one and all for your interest thus far, I'll keep the blog updated daily as long as I can and providing I dont wind up swerving into a ditch only to find my faithful laptop has just landed with a thump underneath me ! Mental note, remember waterproof soft case ... Oh and Laptop to go in it ! And chargers, phone, ipod, gps, camera..... I think I'll just take the car !!
Please keep watching and following as tragic and magic events unfold...
Thanks too to Susie and Caroline for their generous donations. The fund is pushing £800 now, amazing ! Bye for now .....
And I've just this moment received another notification of a donation, this time from my lovely nurse. In the last couple of hours she's drawn blood from my arm and money from her well earn't wages too. Thanks nurse Woolley !

1 comment:

rach said...

isn't that gamrie bay in the forground just before you flogged her on?