Saturday 3 October 2009

Over €300 raised !!





What a fantastic hangover ! The aftermath of a fantastic night of food, dancing and drinking ! The good people of Monlong and the surrounding area have done the British heart foundation proud. A massive amount of money raised by the merry band of revelers. The full Monty experience, Nick, the dude from deep south of the USA, not sure where exactly, a cracking Dukes of hazard style accent though and a dab hand on the BBQ too ! And the main man Monty singing his heart out and keeping the dance floor alive. There was, I think, even Champagne and local dignitary and the bizarre auction of a bar of soap ! An outstanding evening, thank you to one and all.
I rode and rode yesterday, I think the longest and hardest section thus far but it was so worth it ! I can actually start heading north now, after 6 days and a couple of hundred miles of cycling west ! I'm really hoping France will flatten out a little soon ?
So, I'm having a couple of days of short rides and a degree of recovery time now with a weekend around this area. Off to find a Market now to browse around the crafty ex pat stalls, take in some relaxed French air and maybe a coffee too, then tomorrow, I think it's tomorrow, I get to find out what Hash Harriers are at last !?
Thank you for reading, supporting me and the BHF and thank you Monlong !

1 comment:

Dangerous D said...

Nice watch is that a family heirloom???? or just one of those items left over from a former dictator???Dom