Friday 2 October 2009

Monty's Big Bash in Monlong !



l in
zy


What a long ride today ! I really couldn't manage many more like that, massive hills, mile after mile, but at least the views were spectacular, if not a little hazy. Over 7 hours in the saddle and an average of just 6 miles per hour ! Not a single open shop or cafe in nearly 50 miles ! Thank goodness Anne sent me off with Pain aux chocolate and Sandwiches ! A massive thanks to both Anne and David for having me stay over. Their little half timbered house was absolutely amazing ! See the photos. I had downstairs to myself, it was tiny and very rustic but had everything you could need, with comfort and peace and quiet too... Except for the the constant stream of hedgehogs shnuffling up the lane in the night and the odd wild boar and nosy Deer !
The attention to detail on the conversion really was the best I've seen in while, like a well thought out Camper van or Yacht, with every inch of space considered and utilised to full effect.
You can probably tell, I loved it !
I must dash and get ready for this party now. Thank you all for all the encouraging emails and comments... Watch this space for the Karaoke special !! Jus.

No comments: