Saturday 15 August 2009

Just Peddling.

Why Just Peddling ? Because I was setting up a "Just Giving" web page and it just sprang to mind ? Also it's what I'll be doing for weeks on end in my attempt to raise some money for the British heart foundation.

I've been wanting to set myself a challenge, a relatively long stretch outside of my comfort zone, a time to reset and focus my thoughts through peddling, it's just a theory, walking could work too, it did for Forest Gump after all ! It's a major trauma having open heart surgery, on mind body and spirit, at first it's a barrage of discomfort and involuntary tears, then as the weeks pass and the pain subsides, thoughts of the past, the present and the future begin to haunt, not well enough to work and not ill enough rest, the headless chicken months ticking by to the relentless beat of my carbon fibre Aortic valve.

So, a bike ride it is ... Just Peddling...

I dont know about links and stuff yet, I'll be leaving that to my unofficial webmaster, Sarah who has her own successful Blogs called Muddy feet, or Red boots or something like that, I'm sure she'll do a link !?

Please look at and please consider sponsoring BHF, it's such a worthy cause.
http://original.justgiving.com/justpeddling

No comments: