Tuesday 6 October 2009

Up hill to Agen !

Who ever told me it would flatten out today should be shot! I've had some killer hills this morning, one of which lasted 4 miles! They wouldn't be so bad if I could at least stand up to pedal, but my knee just wont let me, for some reason I just can't turn the pedal in that position without loads of pain. So all I can do select a crawler gear and do just that, seated all the way to the top at a staggering 3 mph! Today is another 60 mile section so I don't need too many more hills like that!

 

I've tracked McDonalds from 15 miles south of here by the usual discarded packaging, sure enough it lead me right to the door like a modern day paper chase with a first prize of coronary heart disease! I never thought I'd find a restaurant in France with ugly people in it, but guess what? Seems the mighty Golden arches have the same demographic the world over, the obese, unhealthy and ill educated love the place, they even bring their children too, lured by cheap toys, fries and clowns, thus paving the way and firmly setting the foundations to an early onset of tiny clogged arteries and malnutrition "Oh, but they love it." That's ok then? My heart is now pounding harder than it was on that last 4 mile hill, which surely stands as testimony to too much sugar, fat, salt and a lethal cocktail of the strongest food preservers known to man! Smoking when pregnant and feeding children this shite are tantamount to exactly the same thing and will surely one day be outlawed? Rant over.... The coffee is really nice though; think I'll have another!

 

30 miles to go and it's raining, but at least it's only 25 degrees, so much easier going.

No comments: