Wednesday 14 October 2009

Long straight road to Cognac !




This road just went on and on and on... With such a strong head wind it felt like I had my breaks on ! The bike would actually just stop dead without rolling when ever I stopped pedalling ! The road to Cognac .. After Cognac it was back into rolling hills and lanes and villages, empty, half derelict villages ... And then there was Herpes ! That one caught my attention and made me chuckle...

Last night I arrived at Will & Jenny's place, it was dark as I trundled around the little village with my LED lights flashing looking for a big Manor house .... I finally found it, with the help of their son waving a torch at me through some grand gates along a drive. A warm welcome, barking dogs and hot Jacuzzi... I fell asleep in it and woke up to a million bubbles completely swamping me and greeping over the sides onto the floor... After chatting and drinking into the night I set off to one of the top floor guest rooms to pass out ... I was woken abruptly in the night, from a deep sleep, by a prod ? In the dark now with no idea where I was for a few moments and wondering what or who had just happened ? Far too tired to be bothered or worried, I dropped off again ...
This morning I'm told casually "oh yes it's haunted, I wont even go up there!" So, this grand old place was occupied in the war by zee Germans and anything could have happened within these walls !? There's never a dull moment on this big ride across France ...



4 comments:

Sam said...

you'll be able to do a photo book of rude french road signs?...just a thought!! hope zee germans dont wake you again and enjoy that jacuzzi!!loads of love samxx

Brittany-Direct said...

So you done Herpes, what abot Condom, but I believe that is further south!!

Joby said...

errr 'prod' hope the Germans weren't too intrusive!

Justin said...

Behave Joby !
Yes Dan, I was in Condom a while ago, further south... Had a chuckle there too !